Dioceses > Above and Beyond
Examples of “Above and Beyond”
The standard responsibilities of a Catholics Come Home® partner diocese are:
- Preparing parishes to be warm and welcoming
- Showing the commercials at the parish (either associated with fundraising or stand-alone to introduce parishioners to the initiative)
- Pre & Post initiative Mass Census Counts
- Public relations campaign in collaboration with CCH
Some of our partner dioceses have definitely gone “above and beyond” with creative ideas and materials. We are sharing many examples below. None of these are required, but all well-done and inspiring!
Print at your local print shop!
Parish Door-to-Door Evangelization Day
Following the airing of the CatholicsComeHome.org commercials, the Diocese of Corpus Christi coordinated a special “annulment fair” to assist individuals in Spanish and English who need guidance on how to begin the annulment process.
Extended Confession Hours
“The Light is on for You” program, offering extended schedule of the Sacrament of Reconciliation on a particular day(s).
Various Dioceses, including the Archdiocese of Boston
- Diocese of Sacramento – brochures and extra training tips, hints, and suggestions available on their website (You will need to enter the password: welcomehome)
- Diocese of Joliet –
- Diocese of Corpus Christi – We Miss You Brochure
- Diocese of Corpus Christi
Video & New Media
Flip-cam video message to parish secretaries/administrators explaining their role as “ministers/coordinators of first impressions” so they can watch the message instead of just reading an e-mail with the same content:
Diocese of Sacramento
(The password is catholicscomehome)
Catholic FAQ YouTube Videos
Parish Welcoming/Evangelization webinar:
Usher buttons/pins, with the CatholicsComeHome.org logo.
The Amazing Parish
Learn more about the Amazing Parish.